I learned this week that a friend I knew from college died. :-( It was sad -- and in the layers of sadness that come along with death, hers was shocking and out of the blue. Her family is keeping silent about what happened....which not only makes the whole thing more depressing, but filled my head throughout the week with all kinds of unhappy imagery and possible scenarios. None of them good. Right? There's no Hallmark Movie hidden inside that story, so in the long run, it's probably better that I don't know anything....but still, it was sad. I keep seeing women who look like her. HERE. In GERMANY.
Whatever. The most haunting thing is the idea that she was so unhappy or troubled...and that nobody knew. Or, I didn't know, at least. Hmmm....we all know that caused Tanya to then maniacally sift though thousands of other things in her mind: what ELSE don't I know about? What else? What else?!!?
I'm coming out of the tangly week....it's a good thing, too. My family has been living a sort of "survivor" existence, which is okay. For a week. Right?
3 comments:
Tanya, I am so sorry...
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending you a great big hug and all my love.
Oh Tanya....I was wondering what was up, and now I know. Just remember to live everyday to it's fullest, and know that you have the support of your friends if you want it.
Thank you :-) ....I'm getting used to it now. At first I couldn't think about anything else, and was googling like a stalker. I thought about not writing AT ALL about Teresa dying, but then I realized that it would be like a hole there in the stories -- and I would just end up obsessing about it more if I left it out. ;-)
I'm pretty sure it was either suicide or an overdose, piecing together the bits I know about. The shocking part is having to face the notion that if the right combination of buttons get pushed - for anyone - life can unravel.
Well. Back to laundry -- isn't that nuts how LAUNDRY helps a person get back to normal?
Post a Comment