Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crash Kit


I Have Discovered The Two Most Valuable Items In My Crash Kit:   salad spinner and large, large tupperware bowl. 

As of the first week in an empty house, that bowl has been a stand-up worker in my bare bones home.  It's been a sink, a bath tub for greens, a basket carrying ingredients, a serving dish....and of course, a mixing bowl.   Of course, with my Market Devotion, I'd be very unhappy without the spinner.  It's a little on the wobbly side (= broken) but it still works with some attention. 
This is the first time EVER in a move that I didn't bother to look inside the Crash Kit prior to our pack-out.  Surprise, surprise - many things were painfully 'missing' - a spatula, a pot big enough to boil noodles in, as well as an oven safe dish.  Actually, I was missing PLATES, as well. ;-)  

But, there were some decent essentials waiting for me in the Crash Kit:  coffee filter & mug, knives, a cutting board, kitchen brushes, etc. ....plus the salad spinner and that all-purpose-yet-enormous white bowl.  It has a lid, too. 

1 comment:

NANA said...

Naturally, your dad will figure that ability to manage with few supplies is genetic (all his years as camp cook...hunting-fishing-trapping and trading as he says :)
Children, after all, never get to lay claim to any of their good stuff....ha!