Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Happens When Laundry Takes Over....

 There was a horrible moment of nausea
when I realized what had happened. 


In February, they looked like this: 
:-(

Six months was a pretty good run for a child's wollen socks, I guess.


Still, there has to be a clever way to save these.  All those times I've congratulated
 myself on recycling/upcycling need to pay off right about now. 
I will felt the second one.....


.... and then I'll add some non-skid decals to the soles....


....to make woolen slippers for a favorite little friend.
 

Just in time for Autumn. 
My favorite part....the silver linings are nice to find.



 

:-)


6 comments:

Mobileholmes said...

what happened???

Tanya said...

One handknit sock accidentally went into the washing machine and felted itself.....thick, wooly, felt.

Are you ever going to update your blog? ;-)

Melissa said...

Ohhh, bummer! At least you found a way to save it!

Padden4 said...

Oh, sad, but wonderful that you were able to pass them on. Where did you find the non-stick bottom iron-ons? I love them!

The socks are beautiful. I am afraid to knit socks. But I do love knitting mittens. That is my new obsession at the moment. :-)

NANA said...

What a beautiful blog...I love the creativity (and love those little feet in their "new" slippers...so cute)

Tanya said...

If you can knit mittens, then SOCKS will be no problem. :-)