I finished a WHOLE PAIR of socks!! :-) My standard relationship to sock knitting has been to pretty much lose interest after knitting the first one, for any size larger than infant.....
Naturally, in my mind I'd imagined an amazing "photo shoot" amid the heather outside our hytte (rustic cabin) but Eliza was unwilling to give me that much creative license. So, I've got what I've got.....
Anyway, I'm just happy I have now graduated to the "second sock" -- and whatever Eliza is thinking about it, I KNOW FOR A FACT that they go very well alongside all that heather.
;-)
What she really wanted me to do was leave her alone so she could pick dry grass.
On the edge of a boulder.
Which leads me to another story: children clambering over rocks and boulders - that is such a Norwegian Moment. And there' s more to come about all that -- but, I think I'm almost out of time on this "window of internet" so I'll SAVE it for another time.......
3 comments:
YEAH! A FINISHED PAIR OF SOCKS!!!!! I love the color. What yarn did you use? Pattern? You had to know I'd want more! :)
I'm so proud of you all...these blogs are so wonderful...I love them all so much...hope you have the most fun ever...(and I do love those socks...good girl Tanya..Ha-ha!) Hopefully, someday, I'll learn how to knit..(GG would love this all so much wouldn't she) God be with you...please pass my love around...Nana
Why YES.....I am just in the door from our big adventure. :-)
First of all, Nana-- YES, YES -- GG would love all that bright splashy color that Eliza likes so much. I thought of her the whole time I was knitting.
Patty - I used the pattern I've had forever (slightly different from your Yankee sock one) and the sock wool is from Knitpicks. Am hoping to copy YOU and graduate further into more socks. To the enviable point of having the pattern memorized. Like You. :-)
Post a Comment