The inviting table upstairs has become attractive to more than just me. Ian suddenly wanted to SEW something.
He chose a pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's book, Simple Sewing and he pretty much made the "bed pocket" all on his own. Even better, I had an old IKEA curtain for him to use. Less cutting, less hemming, zero $$$.....
He wanted some modifications, (over which I was skeptical), but he managed it on his own. With graph paper, even. I admit I was more impressed by the graph paper ;-) than anything, and am hoping that a remnant of this success will follow him into his coming 8th Grade school year. Organizationally & planning-wise, that is.
I would never, NEVER have guessed in a million years who the next person would be to suddenly take up sewing.
A picture is worth a thousand words:
It was some kind of super expensive biking jersey that he got on a great sale, since it was a huge size. So, he has taken it in for a custom fit. He tells me that since it has to do with SPORTS, it's totally cool when a man sits down at the machine.....
The family that sews together: that's us. ha ha ha! Seriously, though: it's the ROOM. There's something about a wide, open table with available space & equipment that makes my family want to be all crafty. I'm split on this, to tell the truth. I naturally love that they want to be there.....but....well, maybe I'm just having some trouble with the SHARING COMPLETELY part.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh!! Is there anyone - anyone - anyone who would be willing to tape the new season of Project Runway for me? Onto a VHS tape? [I know, I know -- very dinosaur of me, but it's what I've got :-)] I think it starts on August 20 on Lifetime (is that right? Wasn't there some kind of fracas at BRAVO?) Somehow, video feed is blocked from the network websites for people not living stateside.....I've been watching 9 minute clips of Top Chef on YouTube up until now.
Besides, if I had a VHS tape to go watch downstairs, it would free up the sewing machine ;-) for the men in my house......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 comments:
It was a base layer for biking - by the sizing chart it should have fit but it was too big. It was also on sale for only $19 marked down from $59. Now it is a perfect custom fit base layer!
First Amazon, now your sewing room..when will they STOP?!:*)
Post a Comment