Not really home. :-)
But, I think we've all had a fluttery excitement in seeing the places where we lived, shopped, went to school.....Ian has shocked us in how much he remembers (= understands) and I think he has probably enjoyed this dip back into Norway more than any of us. He has taken what-seems-to-be hundreds of photos. These are all from him, in fact.
We went to Baerum's Verk, which was my favorite-favorite-favorite place to go when we lived here. If you came to visit me, I took you to Baerum's Verk. It reminded me of The Barnyard in the Carmel Valley in California; but without the exuberant landscaping and butterflies. Just red geraniums. :-) Such a wonderful place to walk around....such a wonderful place to shop. Most of what I bought in Norway came from here.

And there's the river, too, crashing past the bakery and under the bridge to the art gallery and glass blowers..... I always thought this really "fit" because no matter where you go in Norway, the rustic side of things is never very far away.
And there's the river, too, crashing past the bakery and under the bridge to the art gallery and glass blowers..... I always thought this really "fit" because no matter where you go in Norway, the rustic side of things is never very far away.
[Hjem til Norge - Home to Norway - is from a children's song on a CD we listened to almost daily when we lived here & we've had it playing the last two days, so it's in my head. Better that line, though, than the one about the dancing goose..... :-)]
No comments:
Post a Comment