Winter seems to be officially over -- and every year, I'm a little sad to see it go. I like Winter a lot. That season allows me to freely do all the things I like: stay warm inside, hibernating; knit, knit, knit; read, read, read; enjoy hot drinks.....


Spring means weeds and bugs.
Just kidding -- Spring is good, too.... ;-) and is being fully embraced in my neighborhood by every single German citizen with daily bicycling, walking, gardening, running -- although, I should never imply that they slow down on these activities in Winter. No. The Germans are out in any kind of weather, setting a stunning example of fitness in walking, biking and running the trails. When the trails were covered in snow and ice, they just took skis with them. I'm not kidding.
It will be of no surprise to anyone that Alistair LOVES that. :-)
Speaking of him, he is ALREADY planning on starting again at our favorite cross-country spot next November. He went frequently this year, (right up to seeing dirt patches coming through the snow.) It was a good thing for our family, going there....I felt like the woods & trails & snow together always had a storybook-feel -- like Wind in the Willows.
'
Plus, there was the Ski Hut welcoming me and my children with warmth and friendliness, (as well as hot drinks ;-) )..... where we would spend the last hour while A. went off to do "serious" skiing, (= the kind that hurts....)
:-)
2 comments:
I've re-read this one several times and the last lines get me every time!!
How can ANYTHING that is supposed to be enjoyable be "the kind that hurts???? LOL You're a weird person Capt. B!
That said we are off to celebrate our daughters 18th birthday with 20+ other 17-, 18- & 19-year-olds!!! Hmm who is weird here???
Take care & happy Easter!
That made my teeth hurt, Robyn. OVER 20 collegiate party guests? That's almost like planning a wedding....
;-)
I know, I know....one major life milestone at a time. But, I couldn't resist making the analogy. I'm still resisting the idea that she can BE that old already. What happened to the preschool girl with curly locks in handsewn sundresses??
Post a Comment