Saturday, April 11, 2009

Experiment on Saturday
























*
*
*
*
*
Look what I found at a Pharmacy -- old-fashioned Easter egg dyes. I completely lost my head: one of each, please!!!

:-)

Lars and Ian were less interested in my experiment -- they stuck with the recognizable Paas kit this afternoon. But, Eliza was all about the mixing and blending out of these little packages, (red and yellow sandalwoods, blueberries and cochineal.)






I have to say that yellow sandalwood is the winner, and gave the buttery-yellow shade on the right in the bowl below....I was most worried about that one not taking at all, since it was so light. The blueberries make a lovely Scandinavian blue, which regrettably turns to an asphalt-color ;-) when the egg is left in too long...




Right now, the kids are watching the Life of Jesus on the Children's Channel (KIKA) -- :-) I really, really appreciate this aspect to Germany, and will miss it when we move away someday. The Life of Moses was on earlier this week....which led to GREAT discussions with the kids yesterday about Passover and remembering the indelible connection between it and the Crucifixion. It made for a welcome about-face for us, since this week began bumpily....and the vacation days have been like aloe vera for everyone.


Looking forward to Resurrection Sunday....best wishes !! :-) :-)


3 comments:

Mobileholmes said...

OK, We're home, so let's do biergarten this week! And love the colors!!!

Patty said...

I love the experiment. Did you use the leftovers for fiber? Happy Easter.

Tanya said...

Patty, you know me soooooo well. I saved all the leftoevers and was just thinking this morning about whether to use merino or blue faced leicester? ;-) That is my Easter Afternoon Treat....am waiting eagerly for your next blog update. No pressure, of course.

Katie -- I'm looking forward to hearing more about Malta, as I travel vicariously through you :-)...which day are you thinking about for biergarten?