Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quiet Days






....I love these days following Christmas, with less hurry and almost no schedule. :-) They are a gift for me every year. Speaking of WHICH, I unwrapped a book on the 25th that I had wanted for awhile, written by another mother who says that sometimes her whole day revolves around one goal: to take a break.

ha ha ha!

Anyway, anyway.....I love the book, the way the author writes, the colors, the photos....all of it. But, the pages on the Urban Knitter's Survival Kit -- well, she had me at 'hello'.... ;-) I want a kit like that, and now I'm thinking about it - turning it over and over in my mind. There are so many possibilites for me to chase in these quiet after-Christmas days.

Although...if I am honest, I will confess that there are ELEVEN boxes upstairs waiting to be wrapped and sent to ...well, ELEVEN different families. These would be all those Birthday and Christmas presents that never arrived. Three of them are from July.

All I can say is THANK HEAVEN for these quiet days -- and the chance to move a little closer to actually SENDING the eleven parcels. For anyone who has already mailed all the packages, here is more on the lovely book with words and paragraphs that will make you smile: http://www.janebrocket.com/home.asp

;-)

No comments: