

I thought this would just be moms around the table, bread rolls, coffee......
NO !
It was the whole class joining us for songs, crafts, lighting of the Advent Wreath (lit by Eliza's classmate; I wish I could have had the action shot from the floor ;-) but I was blocked behind the piano. By the way, I am CRAZY about the girl who put the feather in her hair.... :-) ....isn't that great?! Eliza is in the first photo, lower right...purple-flowered smock and holding the pine branches)
There was also the story of Jesus' birth - beginning with John the Baptist's parents - told by one of the mothers using a felt board. I was really impressed how much these kids already knew. Look at some of the random questions the mother tossed out during the felt story:
Does anyone know who was Emperor at this time?
Three hands in the air: Caesar Augustus. One girl said "Herod" -- she gets credit in my mind.
Why did he ask all the people to return to the towns of their birth?
One hand in the air: Census. A six year old knew this without hesitation...
What did Mary say when the Angel told her she would have a special baby?
Two hands in the air: She believed what the Angel told her.
I can't even believe how much I love this school...... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment