A. is not intimidated in ANY city across the globe when it comes to finding transportation, a bathroom, or food and drink.
:
I, on the other hand, begin a mental frenzy of: But, it's Noon! The lines will be LONG! There won't be any place to sit down!
:
Cool and confident, A. states that the best place for us is an IMBISS -- and under normal circumstances, a cost-effective hot dog would be the perfect lunch to go along with the water bottles he has graciously carried on his back all morning.
:
One can see, however, from Eliza's expression that the table height was not exactly what she personally would have chosen. She ate her sausage & bread roll standing up. I regretted my choice of leaving the stroller at home.
:
By the way, the sausage rolls were absolutely delicious; they reminded me of the ones Michelle-from-Texas and I ate at the Heritage Apple Festival we found in Charlottesville last Autumn. And, though I squirmed in the long Imbiss line and worried over it's Tall-Man-Tables, I thought of Anthony Bourdain & ordered three different things from the menu....just to try them out. Without a doubt, the winner was the plain sausage on the plain bread roll.
:
When you find yourself next at an Imbiss, I recommend both the Wuerst Broetchen AND a stroller..... ;-)
6 comments:
Yeah...I don't know what Luke would eat there - no sausage in his diet:). E's face tells it all with the tall-man table. I LOVE the pictures of the architecture and do hope we can put our trip together.
I noticed the kids have vests and long-sleeves. My parents are here from CA and dying from the heat and humidity. Craig is really hating it with no a/c in his car and none at work today either!
It was 60 degrees yesterday, and the Grace-sized-children had HATS on ;-) -- I was going to tell you that it is like a Norwegian Summer here -- or, Seattle -- Either way, that's basically winter compared to your 101 degrees this week!
I hope the trip comes together, too :-)
Hilarious - Eliza's face is priceless.
Hello Tanya!
We have been preoccupied with a nasty virus that left Cassie sick with a high fever for 2 weeks and sent me to the ER today because my throat was closing. Yeah, fun. They gave me steroids that made a huge difference. A neighbor took Cassie for me so after the ER I was home alone all day and could read and rest. Jason, his dad and the boys are all at scout camp. Lars is missed. A new homeschooled boy has joined out den (taking Lars' vacant spot) and Caleb is trying to befriend him.
So far Caleb's only had a few mild melt downs and one medium one. He is LOVING all the junk food in the mess hall- Lucky Charms cures a melt down pretty fast in his book. He refuses to do any of the sporting activities but he is having fun and that is what counts.
Jason is surviving and that is probably the best news, he is not really in his element in spite of his Eagle Scout status. Jason dad is at the other camp with Connor, now that man IS in his element.
Your friend Sheri was kind enough to deliver me some fresh eggs yesterday! She had a surplus and was kind enough to call and deliver (which was great because I was too sick to care about eggs I confess).
As for your blog, these pictures are awesome. Tell Ian that I plan to show the boys the blog when they return home and I know they will want to see more of him! Oh how I wish we could see the world like that! Maybe one day.
I love how you write, I can hear your voice as I read. I do miss you. Today I was encouraging a friend with a "fringe" kid. She told me I sound so accepting and relaxed about my own. Ha! I told her I've learned much from your council. How great it is to be comfortable in one's own skin. That's a such a fabulous goal and it's plenty enough to aim for.
Julianne
EVERY time I think I won't need a stroller.......I DO!!!!
Take care!!
German food! Yumm
Post a Comment