This is the view from the back of the house....with shadows :-).....I only have the camera for a few minutes this a.m., since A. is taking Lars to Legoland today. You can imagine that Lars is RIVETED.
One thing happened at the Farmer's Market that I didn't write about. I met a German woman there. Or, rather, she met me: after I bought my fruits and vegetables, she approached me with the most commonly-heard sentence for any of us who have ever lived overseas:
Are you Americans?
:-)
She told me that her husband is American, (but not military...they live here permanently) and that her two children are bi-lingual, AND (since I had Lars WITH me at the Market) she said she hoped that her Aaron could play with my Lars to practice his English.
Thursday....she stopped by with 9-year old Aaron and 6-year old Gwendolyn. It was a happy meeting for my uprooted children - an blend of playing-kid-sounds and jumping and leaping and laughing. And while she sat on my Army-Loaner-Furniture couch, she explained many, many valuable things to me: the garbage recycling system, local swimming lessons, the garbage recycling system, the local library, more about the garbage recycling system, and so forth...
Then -- she invited me to her Church. Can you possibly guess to which Church her family belongs? The Church which, coincidentally, is having an annual "Fellowship Brunch" this Sunday following the service?
Anyone? Anyone able to connect Tanya's convoluded dots?
The BAPTIST Church. The self-same Baptist Church attached to the school, to which I'm hoping to send my children.
:-o
So, I am thinking it's time for me to give credit WHERE it's due....for this coincidence was simply too big for me to ignore.
Gwendolyn and Aaron are now set to be with Eliza and Lars at Kindergottesdienst (Children's Church) so they won't feel alone in the classrooms on the first Sunday.
Thank You, Thank You, God. Thank You for that....
And as for the SCHOOL meeting from Wednesday morning -- we are set up for Lars attending for three "sample" days next week (M, T, W) and Eliza will go just on Monday. We are still in the same holding pattern (Eliza is as good as "in" -- but they need to see more closely with Lars) and while I truly HOPE that Lars will get a spot, I am feeling pretty confident after all my "serendipity" ;-) that God knows where Lars is going to school in September. I'm realizing He will probably just show me what to do. It always takes me awhile to see God's Hand in my own life. I started off feeling lucky about the coincidences and - my favorite saying - "falling backwards into things" - now, I'm beginning to see how things are falling into place, without too much effort on my part.
In conculsion, let me thank you AGAIN for your prayers. Including anyone among my friends who has even THOUGHT about possibly praying for us. It is definately, definately working; and we are all not only receiving the benefits, but I very much appreciate it. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. :-)
Best wishes for a safe and happy Fourth of July to everyone; we are going to a Biergarten with the Holmes' family....after the Legoland day, that is. :-)
2 comments:
It is so so so good to hear how good things are going. Not just "well" but really "good". Awesome! Love seeing sites from your new home. Can't wait to hear how Legoland went, Lars.
-The Vines-Herbener Family
Happy 4th of July! Great to hear happy stories from Germany! Glad you've already made a new friend who can be a good guide. We're getting ready for the neighborhood bike parade. I'm sure Legoland will be a blast! In Kathryn's tired state after fireworks last night, she broke in tears missing Eliza. I'm sure we'll see more of those:). Thinking of you all!
Post a Comment