heather in the boxes
We have snow. Isn't it pretty?
woods path
I find I really do like the way our whole lives revolve around the weather when the snow comes......but, I'm not sure why I
don't resent the scraping, shoveling, crunching, slipping, shoe-changing. In Germany, I remember feeling specifically that snow was a marvelous excuse for me to stay home and knit (ha ha!) but, here in Copenhagen, life goes on normally for pretty much everyone.
morning in the city
Look at these Danes flaunting their snow & ice skill by running through it all.....
.....or
cycling.
It's all that Viking heritage. ;-)
We take the train a lot when it snows. Last Sunday we went by train to Church in the city. When we walk through Copenhagen, there's so much more to see and appreciate:
Mmmmmm..... I suddenly want hot chocolate.
Look at all these bridge details:
Copenhagen meant "Merchant's Harbor" originally. Look how it used to be SPELLED up there on the ring portion -- that's a long way from how we recognize it in English today.
The opening, welcoming door of the Church.....snow blowing sideways....
Advent - warm and happy inside.
The best part about taking the train and walking through the city on Sundays, though, is that we USUALLY stop afterwards for a late lunch:
Yum.
Happy.
Snowy.
3 comments:
Wow...so beautiful...(especially my grands.. :) And, actually, I figured the guy running in the snow was Alistair...ha...seems like not much slows him down either. Very fascinating about the bridge detail...and all the ancient buildings are particularly beautiful and snug looking in the snow...the bridge looks as solid and intended as if God created it. Thanks for this...I know you're so busy..but..I love these blogs :) Bless you
look at that cool hat and coat Lars is wearing!!
:D
I love to see you in that coat -- everyone can see you and that makes me happy at this latitude of gray and low light.
I also love to see you wearing your mama-made hat :-).
Mom - the Danes are even MORE outdoorsy and uninhibited in winter weather than the Germans. Amazing how they bike right on through ice and sleet and snow blowing sideways.
Post a Comment