Monday, December 17, 2012

Sequim Lavender

 
My Washington State Lavender arrived -- awhile ago, in fact. 

 
The good folks over at Purple Haze Lavender Farms sent me a box of happiness.  I think it was OCTOBER, in fact.....four # bags of  what came out of the 2012 Autumn Harvest. 

I immediately started filling the pre-made sachets and gifting them out & away, left and right.

2 sachets, side by side, in a parchment envelope
 
 :-)

There was a splurge, just-for-me purchase, too:



Lavender Fields of America.   How wonderful!!


Just look at all these industrious American Farmers growing lavender for us at home, in various pockets and "micro-climates" around the United States:



What do you say about that, Provence?

;-)  ha ha!

2 comments:

NANA said...

Four pounds...what luxery...I'll have to start buying it myself I guess...Lars had to process my 'year before last' clippings...and I didn't even get last years clipped beyond a few sprigs to hang in your bedroom...gee whiz. (Happily, I still have alot of what Lars processed :) It's so very pleasant to do and have..must get better about attending to my little patch :)

Tanya said...

It smells AMAZING and I'm giving it away all over the place. I hand-sewed the closures on six sachets last night, in fact. I still have plenty of the inside muslin sachets, but am nearly out of my pre-made covers.

I also have a bag of my own "harvest" but have to say it's not as good as the Sequim lavender. I guess there really is something to that "micro climate" :-)