Saturday, June 16, 2012

Last Ride at Tamarack


Eliza had her last hour of riding at Tamarack Stables this week. 

look at this girl getting the bridle onto Chester.....

It was both happy and sad.


Chester is a good and sweet pony

Ian saw his favorite friend: 

Snickers the Goat



The sparkly nail polish on his horns (painted there by girls during vacation riding camps) seems a particular indignity for a goat of his stature to endure.  So, he gets extra cranberries and banana chips from Ian. 

grooming to the right, out of photo field....happy goat wedged between the two of us

Ian also gives him a good brushing with Eliza's curry comb.


This was a happy place for us. 

Alfie, the Llama,  at one end of the stable

:-)

1 comment:

NANA said...

I can see that this was bitter sweet session for Eliza, bless her brave heart...but what a wonderful thing that she's so comfortable with horses now and can handle so much on her own...(even getting over that dunk in the stream...I'm not so sure I would have...she's done so well with her riding hasn't she? Again, GG would be applauding :)