martini samples table
We enjoyed a fair amount of MIXOLOGY on board....
demonstrating the burnt orange oil from a slice of peel
I took a Martini "class" -- there's some educational luxury right there. Who would have thought that gin and vodka could have such a story? Our teacher was just as interested in the historical significance as he was the ingredients. I was floored by both his vast knowledge at 26 years, as well as his meticulous devotion to his subject. It was like being at Spirits University.....and I loved every moment.
Especially the nod to very American Maker's Mark there on the display -- it's been on my Gift Stash list for awhile now.
molecular mojito and Martin Miller gin martini
Then Alistair and I tried a few of them out in the Commodore's Club. And Alistair promptly signed himself up for his own Martini class.
We were laughing about how Alistair's never been able to get underway quite like this before. Looking out over the bow, sunset, contact on the horizon....
ha ha!
Eliza also had her very first Shirley Temple.
at the theater, waiting for an excerpt from The Canterbury Tales
Very special. Very wonderful......with three cherries, and the waiter remembered every time he saw us. :-)
3 comments:
Fabulous! Just what exactly make a Mojito molecular? Watch those Shirley Temples...they get you everytime! ;-)
Oh my goodness...how totally wonderful...the Martini seminar and Captain Alistair being able to just kick back and enjoy the ride...and Shirley Temple's at the theater!! (And all on lovely chairs comfy looking chairs...with softlighting...how...totally...wonderful)
(And you all deserve it :)
I was trying to figure out the molecular part of this, as well. The instructor said that they melt gelatin in hot water in a siphon canister (like for whipped cream) and add creme de menthe -- it comes out like meringue. Personally, I didn't care for the creamy top on the glass (bottom was lime juice + rum) but I thought this might be fun to "chase" and use for other things. Without alcohol, it has a lot of potential for kid food. :-)
Post a Comment