We are still feeding our birds. We are
completely in love with our birds, as a matter of fact.
So much so, that when we found a Wild Birds STORE, it was like visiting Toys-r-Us. We wanted one of everything. :-)
In the end, we came away with a nice selection for our little friends.
Lars was particularly generous. SIX suet cakes.
Plus a suet cage.
We have tried - unsuccessfully - to hang a suet cake in the plastic net bag that came with our oranges...however, metal is what we need for our menagerie here.
And, we brought home a bag of dried corn for our squirrels.
The corn is dried on the cob and comes from an Amish farm in Ohio.
Alistair was so happy to know that only the *very*
best is being fed to our little animals.
;-)
2 comments:
I love all the little birds too! I tried getting my daughter to make a pine cone feeder yesterday but she wasnt into it :(
Ha! Great blog...I'll need some tips when you come. I think Eric might LOVE watching the birds.....but I suspect the birds assume our bird feeders are actually cat feeders...a few come and then...no more. I don't think our cats have even tried to get any of the birds (but the birds must not trust our cats really ARE too fat to do them any harm...ha)
Post a Comment