Monday, October 3, 2011

Inviting



I think Eliza has really missed having the swirl of social around us.  In Germany, we had a lot of playdates and a lot of spontaneous afternoons filled with children.  Here -- I can hardly wrap my head around what to make for dinner with my head buried in my OWN homework. 

mustaches in wool

But, I know Eliza has missed the inviting, and the anticipation that comes along with having a friend come home after school.  So, maybe once a week.  Maybe I could handle that once a week.  At the end of the week. 

crafty afternoon making nutcap dolls


In fact, I HAVE MISSED being at home and all the small things I could do in that life I used to have.  Playdates were easier then....I had all morning to get ready.  ha ha! ;-)

This nutcap doll turned out to be Rapunzel.... :-)

It was fun for me having this doll making afternoon last week.....a little taste of slow life, hand work and magic wool.  

I think these Inviting Days might be good for ME, too.  

1 comment:

NANA said...

How wonderfully fun. I'm impressed you can work it all into your hectic life now....but you'll be so glad you did. (And you know that, of course) Plus, I'm guessing it will, indeed, be like good vitamins for you? :)