Our Friday Playdate carried on as usual last week, even though I myself was feeling a little off.....
headachey, tired, headachey.....but I discovered that
hands-in-sugar play makes for an easy afternoon:
I was surprised and grateful. We started with acorn-shaped sugar molds, and I was SO PLEASED that the girls suggested MOLASSES for adding the moisture and acorn coloring to the sugar sand.
The girls came up with that on their own -- sugar clearly makes you clever!
It smelled wonderful, too.
But....even as cute as little tawny-colored acorn sugar shapes might be.....it wasn't long until they were interested in something more colorful:
Let's get out the food coloring! Purple, Green and Pink.....
.....butterflies and hearts, and another happy playdate afternoon accomplished.
With my good friend, sugar. :-)
1 comment:
How wonderfully fun and interesting! Beautiful little treats....did any last long enough for lunches (or even for Eliza's little friend to take some home)? Looks like there were alot though...so I'm guessing they lingered on awhile, to be enjoyed awhile... :)
Great blog (and God bless you to do this while feeling punk)
Post a Comment