Feeding Time
#1 Customer -- he works steadily filling his cheeks and can carry off an alarming amount.
A few weeks ago, we had a gap of one or two days between bags of birdseed...and I felt so panicked at not having anything to sprinkle out for them, I used some of my TREASURED baking grain mix from my favorite German mill:
From what I could see of the taste testers / food critics in our backyard menagerie, they ate the sunflower seeds & buckwheat groats, but had zero interest in flax seeds.
I know this because the flax SPROUTED in the wood on the deck. ;-)
4 comments:
I love this! The flax sprouting is just too funny! I can't tell you how many wayward sunflowers I have picked out of our lawn.
I have been thinking of you so much. I have developed an addiction to my drop spindle. I am starting classes on the spinning wheel this week. I have three weeks of classes, so we will see what happens. Waiting for fall here. I think it kind of missed us this year. It has been 80 up until today and now many of our leaves are gone. Many just dropped without turning color which to me is very depressing since fall is my favorite time of year. I haven't even felt like baking because of the heat. So, am waiting patiently to start knitting with big skeins of wool again. I am also taking a class to learn Magic loop knitting two socks at one time. I love my double points, but can see the advantage of knitting two at a time. Have you ever done this?
Thinking of you and your language trials. Hope you are not feeling so overwhelmed...and are able to reward yourself with some knitting and sewing.
HA! (They have pretty blue flowers I think...but may need more than that crack to overwinter, huh? :)
Actually, must add comment that your "Customer #1" is such a darling photo it could be in a children's story book (With all your spare time you can write a children's book, right?)
Why Mrs. Padden...I have been thinking about YOU as well. Mostly because I wish my studio looked like yours. ha ha! Actually, A. and I were telling our Danish teacher about how you all read a "family" book, which I think is so wonderful and am slightly envious that we have never done that. Alistair was saying it wouldn't work :-( in our house.....someone would move the bookmark on purpose, etc., etc. Na ja. Another reason to be envious. ;-)
Don't you just LOVE the spindle? I prefer it 100% to the wheel. I've never met anyone else who thinks the same thing...so that makes it warm and fuzzy that you also prefer the spindle. At least for right now. That class of yours will convert you, I'm sure.
I have never used the Magic Loop - it looks so hard to me. I'm still on "basic socks" and can't imagine how people add LACE or DESIGN into them.
Back to Danish....I was supposed to be looking up something, but I got distracted. :-) xoxoxxo
Mom -- we love our chipmunk....even though I know we are playing with "fire" --- he got into the garage one day and it was 24 hour before we could get him out. :-)
Post a Comment