stories from a family of five, who are living far away from home.....again.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
After the Storm
We were so fortunate in this. I almost feel guilty, in fact. But, I am grateful - grateful - grateful that we have power.... and the streets are only wet with a few leaves here in our neighborhood.
Power was restored after 19 1/2 hour outage! Very thankful it wasn't any longer. I was very prepared but man was I happy to turn the A/C on! :-) 5 more days and Jeff returns. Excitement level at my house is over the top!! Andrew was to start school today but was postponed until tomorrow, due to the outages! Busy week here! I think I deserve a break...I'd love to visit (solo) some weekend and catch up!
Patty!!!! 19 1/2 hours makes me sweat just thinking about it. But, I'm glad you had all the other comforts :-)...and I am THRILLED that Jeff's flight wasn't delayed/complicated by the storm. I'll be praying for his safe return over this next week. I am soooo happy for you!
Padden4 - I remember taping the windows on C Street in Yokosuka...what a difference between now and then in media coverage. Our kids were scared more by all the "what ifs" than anything else. I think Lars was ready to have us evacuate. :-) But, I'm so glad that most of those "what ifs" didn't come true.....except Patty's 19 1/2 hours without power must have been pretty ugly. It is sooooo hot and humid in that part of VA!
5 comments:
Power was restored after 19 1/2 hour outage! Very thankful it wasn't any longer. I was very prepared but man was I happy to turn the A/C on! :-)
5 more days and Jeff returns. Excitement level at my house is over the top!! Andrew was to start school today but was postponed until tomorrow, due to the outages! Busy week here! I think I deserve a break...I'd love to visit (solo) some weekend and catch up!
So glad the storm wasn't as disastrous as predicted. Glad you are all safe and sound!
Patty!!!! 19 1/2 hours makes me sweat just thinking about it. But, I'm glad you had all the other comforts :-)...and I am THRILLED that Jeff's flight wasn't delayed/complicated by the storm. I'll be praying for his safe return over this next week. I am soooo happy for you!
Padden4 - I remember taping the windows on C Street in Yokosuka...what a difference between now and then in media coverage. Our kids were scared more by all the "what ifs" than anything else. I think Lars was ready to have us evacuate. :-) But, I'm so glad that most of those "what ifs" didn't come true.....except Patty's 19 1/2 hours without power must have been pretty ugly. It is sooooo hot and humid in that part of VA!
THANK YOU GOD :)
Post a Comment