I waited until the
very last moment to upturn my potato tub....
....and was happily surprised with how many potatoes were waiting for me. But the
best-best-best part of my potato harvest was the happy reaction from CHILDREN.
All three years, and with different children each time, the response has been the same:
Let ME try!!
Seriously, potatoes offer a backyard treasure hunt.
Who wouldn't want to dig their hands into that, after all?
It's practically an invitation to find the others hiding there within the roots.
Of course, I had to tend the pot all spring for this hour's worth of excitement...
...but, it was worth it. Even if the harvest was a little on the petite side. :-)
3 comments:
Aren't potatoes awesome :)
I love how you love to grow potatoes....AND that it seems to be in the blood line...ha! Good Norwegian trait...well, and German...and Scotland loved their spuds too? Well, who didn't...when I think about it..ha! (I always smile when I remember your first potato plantation...up by your little playhouse...so amazing they grew under those fir trees...God must especially bless potato growers with a little crop, no matter what the conditions :)
Makes me excited for our potatoes. You are an inspiration...don't know that I would have tried them if it weren't for you and your potato "pot". Thanks!
Post a Comment