Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Minute Mail

I've made a few mail-order purchases in a "last minute" rush of what I MUST - TAKE - HOME.  Many of these are *surprises* so I can't share examples of  how happy I am they all made it to my doorstep in time. :-)


But, this one was particularly satisfying:    Persephone Books

Amazing customer service from detail-oriented women.  Women who work at a publishing house with delicious books, forgotten & under-appreciated for decades -- lovingly re-printed and slipped into the classic dove-grey jackets by Persephone Books in London.  Plus, the postal cost and time to Germany is much, much, MUCH less than it would be to the U.S. right now.

 

This is the literary equivalent of a box of delectable sweets.  Mmmmm......

2 comments:

Mobileholmes said...

DC? I don't think you ever shared this info!

NANA said...

Grey book covers!!! My heart skipped a beat...hope one's for me!!! (Glad all your shipments came in...one more reason to exhale fully, huh? I'm checking things off my list in preparation for you all, also...although it won't matter nearly so much if I don't get all my listed things checked off, of course...I know you'll all just forgive me and it'll be no big deal) (Lucky me)