Saturday, March 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Cups


This is Ian.

My mom had bought a peanut butter cup making kit and it had been sitting in our pantry for a very long time. I decided to make them this weekend.



I melted the cheap chocolate that dried quicker than magic shell and spread the insides with peanut butter filling. After covering the top of a tray, I ran out of chocolate.


I had to go to our local store to buy Ritter sport chocolate, which took much longer to harden, but tasted better overall.


Now that I had enough chocolate, I made a few more trays for later.


They didn't last long afterwards, so i've been makign a lot more.

4 comments:

Padden4 said...

Wow, Ian! Those look fabulous. Awesome job - anytime you would like to send some to Minnesota, feel free. Peanut Butter Cups are our favorite!

Patty said...

YUMMO!!!

is. said...

Way to go, Ian! Clean up those cupboards for your mom! My technique is usually just to wait until it expires and then throw it out. Oh, the horrors you'd find if you attempted to cook anything with what lives in our cupboards...

I've been very impressed with your take charge attitude in this blog. Seems as though every culinary challenge that catches your eye becomes a triumph. (That grilled fish post still makes me hungry.) Guess you got that from your mom. Lucky!

NANA said...

Grandkids that cook!!!!(And cook WELL!!!) How great is that???
(Papa could probably have easily eaten most of that first batch...congrats on figuring out how to make more than the kit's original amount......That skill might be very, very needed at Papa's house...ha!) (For you to get some too..ha-ha!) (I'm teasing, of course. He'd be polite...but...he'd be glad for bigger batch...no doubt about that)