Friday, March 4, 2011

Frosty Morning

frost on new blooms

I've come to the conclusion that winter is giving up early this year.  I like winter, and am usually a little sad to see it go


There's still frost in the mornings, though.

I think it's so pretty on the tiled roofs..... 


.....and even on the car.....

.
....and especially in the fields. 


And I have to admit that the cyrstal-ey flakes of frost are so much prettier with the clear sky overhead.  Like winter + spring holding hands for an hour each morning.  :-)

1 comment:

NANA said...

What a beautiful way to put it. It's exactly how I've been feeling lately, but didn't have the words.
It does seem like spring for few hours some days...and I forget to disconnect Eric's hose... and then it pops down below freezing and I think "AWK...OH NO" Ha!
Love to see the bulbs pushing up and our first crocus smiling at me this week (Thank You God)