Monday, March 28, 2011

First Spring Baking



The Bakehouse is open again;  it closes for the colder winter months. 


All three years, I've felt a real happiness with that first spring baking.....like seeing an old friend again after a long time apart. 


It's nice to be there in the group --  hands in the dough, flouring wooden bowls, marking the loaves


My loaves always get round bobbles;  the others use a square of wet newsprint or small sticks. 


Eight loaves this time.  :-) Mmmmmmm.......I love that first spring baking.

5 comments:

Padden4 said...

Mmmmm....wow are those incredible.

Melissa said...

How fun! That photo of the elder baker kneading bread at the table with bowls of dough proofing below it. Bowls lined up behind them ready to go. Then the brick fireplace at the side of the photo where the bread will end up baking. It tells an amazing story. I love it.

Tanya said...

Why, how serendipitous the two of you should leave me a message here. I JUST got back from mailing off some boxes to you....

:-)

Melissa said...

Ohhhh! Really! I am so excited! I actually had a couple things I wanted to send you too. :)

NANA said...

You know I love all this. So anxious for you to get here and help me figure easiest way for me to try to build a little outdoor oven. (Hey, two strong boys here and a project on my mind....I'd better not let Ian and Lars know what's on my mind, huh?...ha)