Monday, November 22, 2010

Gifts From Africa


Alistair went to a conference last week for work -- the same conference from last Autumn, which had me secretly openly hoping there would be more vanilla from the elegant & generous American woman living in Madagascar.  

Inhale sharply....

I had no idea that I could actually love and admire her more than twelve months ago........sixteen beans this time: 


all wrapped up neatly in a woven tube.  SIXTEENNow, that's enough to share.  :-)



He was also given tea from Kenya......

...and there was a wooden spoon tied to the top, with the beaded edging.  This is my kind of wonderful and it will be loved and used by me for years.  I've used it already, in fact......

Ian and I sat right down and had a cup of tea.  It was strong and delightful.

These conferences work out so well for everyone, I think -- especially me!!!  :-)

6 comments:

Mobileholmes said...

My favorite tea...so think of me when you drink. Also, MUST have milk and sugar with this tea...they would never drink it black:*)

Tanya said...

Wait, how do you know this??

It was pretty strong....that sounds much better with the milk and sugar. "Bracing" was the word I felt came to mind.... :-)

Padden4 said...

Such a wonderful gift. What a treat for you!

Melissa said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! I can almost smell the vanilla through the computer :)

Tanya said...

I love that woman from Madagascar...and I should probably find out who gave Alistair the tea, so I can send her a thank-you as well. :-)

NANA said...

Wow, so interesting. (Everyone loves Alistair...and I'm guessing you're still doing the wonderful thank you notes..even to people you've never met...bless your heart)