Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sew Along



My sewing machine broke, and it feels like I've lost my CAR.   :-(

That hasn't stopped me from pretending, though:   I did a foolish thing and joined a Sew Along. 

It was like an impulse buy -- I hit "join this group" so fast I didn't even know I'd done it until it was all over. 


My reasoning goes along the lines of this -- since Autumn, I've been trying to sew my way through this book, anyway.  I figure that as I've finished nearly 4 patterns from the book, it would be okay to join up...even with a machine in the shop




Of course, the pattern everyone is making for March is not one I've already done.... 


But, I'm motivated.  Highly motivated to get myself together.  If not, there is always that $99 machine at the Exchange.....like a pinch hitter, just waiting for me to call it into the game.



We'll see how quickly my poor machine recovers.....it's only March 10th, after all

6 comments:

Melissa said...

LoL! I have joined things like that too. Then I say "What have I gotten myself into!"

Its great to have you join us! I cant wait to see what you are going to make.

Tanya said...

Thank you, Melissa! I wasn't even sure if my post would link back, or how that worked. So, I learned about my blog today as well ;-) in adding that button.

Seriously. I am sooooo excited to be part of a group doing this. That book is MADE for sewing all the way through to the end. I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks to you for making it happen. :-)

Padden4 said...

Oh wow, Tanya! I didn't even know there were such things. How wonderful. So is it just for fun for ideas and such? I looked briefly at the link but have to go back and read deeper. Such a cool thing, and you are just the person to do this. I too can't wait to see what you are going to make.

NANA said...

How do you do all you do? This looks so adorable and inviting..wish I could be there to read all your books/magazines and see all you do and see all over your studio...and...hmmm...see you all! Ha! (Well, someday...and these blogs are so wonderfully helpful, of course...thank you so much my dear)

NANA said...

How do you do all you do? It all looks so adorable and cozy and inviting..wish I were there to see all your very keen and wonderful magazines/projects/studio/....
and...all of you! Ha! (Well, someday..and these blogs are such a blessing for me...thank you so much my dear) (My comment didn't go through last try...hope it will this try...) (If you got two, it's because I don't know what I'm doing..ha)

Tanya said...

I am REALLY excited about this, since I have wanted to "sew through" the book from the moment I got it last Autumn. Eliza is just on the edge of the largest size. It's perfect timing for me, then!!! I've already done all the measuring and cutting for the first pattern (a blouse with lace trim) :-( and now just have to wait for my sewing machine to stitch up the seams.

This book makes me think of Grandma. I'm not sure why -- her preferred set of colors were significantly brighter ;-)...but, it makes me think of her when I'm sewing from the patterns.

Maybe it's just the "sewing for girls" part. :-)