But this week, I went in the morning........ just because I hadn't been for so very long. That market NEVER disappoints me:
a bay laurel PLANT & tiny little heads of cabbage....
....beet SPROUTS ....plus, the standard carrots, long radishes & bag full of Feldsalat.
The woman at my favorite stall gave me a pansy plant gratis as I was leaving. I think I'm the only one who BEAMS when making my purchases, but I can't be sure about that. It is such a lovely way to buy food. :-)
At home, I immediately served myself up an open-faced sandwich with the beet sprouts & radishes, topped with my new flax oil. Yum.
3 comments:
Beet sprouts! I should do some! Yum...thanks for that idea...I haven't done sprouts of my own since you were in Jr High I think.
Wow, you have a year round market? I am so jealous. My radishes have sprouted and my kids are very excited. Funny, because I don't like radishes.... :-)
Well, through the winter it's mostly "imported" vegetables from Italy and Spain, etc. There are cabbages, though :-) and kale year-round. It has puffed up here recently with spring -- and I missed going. Ian never responds as well as I'd like to "get whatever looks good..." ha ha! Still, it's nice for him with his budding food interests....and it is GREAT for his German, because he is forced to use it.
Lisa -- you have PLANTED already? Isn't your ground still frozen?
Mom -- I don't remember the sprouts you grew, and would like to know more about how you did that. I have one of those linen bag sprout-grower things around here somewhere. I was thinking I should start again with it...but, I don't really have a place for it to "drip"....
Post a Comment