Maybe we'll go back on Sunday afternoon.....now that I think about it, we have to go back on Sunday afternoon: in order to leave today after 3 hours, I told her we'd go back with Dad so he could see everything. I need to keep better track of my promises.
She's recently moved into a riding group during the week, after spending the last two months in longe/longieren. I don't know what that word is in English.....it's when the horse is on a lead, and the instructor stands in the middle of the hall, and Eliza rides around in a circle practicing all kinds of different riding postures. I liked that one-on-one instruction, and wanted to keep it going as long as possible, (confidence-building, the language, a little bit more practice...) but she did okay this week in the group. And she can post like a champ now.
:
Thank Goodness we are AT LEAST ten years away from jumping. She asked today about that...coincidentally, I'm sure. ;-)
:
4 comments:
Start saving your $$$:*) I'll let you know the next time they're having something here.
Well, so far Eliza has been GIVEN very nice hand-me-down riding equipment from another mother at the stables, who apparently has a soft spot for us. I suppose I shouldn't assume that someone will just keep gifting it all, like a Fairy Godmother... ;-)
Hi Mrs. Tanya! That is so cool that Eliza is into riding! By the way, I think you are talking about longe-line riding?
We miss you!
Sydney
Sydney!! :-) I think of you VERY OFTEN when Eliza goes to the stables....I had no idea that she would love it as much as she does, and I'm glad for her. I'm guessing you are still riding. If we come back to VA, then we'll need your advice on where to continue. :-)
I miss you, too. xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment