Friday, February 27, 2009

Riding School




I know it looks like I favor Eliza with photos and stories and posts.....the truth is that she is the only one willing to pose. :-) I'm working on the other two.

We've had a week's vacation from school, (for the beginning of Lent) and Eliza started this week at a riding school run by one of the mothers in her class. This would be the moment in which a "connection" is the sweetest thing ever....so easy for ME to make the arrangements!!

She loved it - it was wonderful fun - we'll continue with weekly lessons -- but the very BEST part of this whole week was how incredibly "booked" her friends were with playdates and activities. The Germans are giving Americans a run for their money on multi-tasking and over-scheduling. I turned down three invitations this week, because there was simply no room in the day. TWO of her playdates were double-booked! I was astonished.

Right now, I have three little girls downstairs watching cartoons....after a tea party and painting fingernails. As well as a little lipstick. Almost time to chauffeur everyone home...this is where I overtake my German peers in the playdate department. No one chauffeurs like an American Mother, after all. ;-)
:
PS: Eliza says she is brushing Queenie, and riding Vicky. If you click on the photo, it will enlarge. This blurry "action shot" is the best one I have....the reason being that most of my pictures are from the horse's POSTERIOR :-).... and therefore neither as usable, nor as attractive as one would hope.

No comments: