Thursday, February 12, 2009

Schneckenteller



SNAIL PLATE :-)

I have been eyeing these plates ever since September, when a restaurant served Lars' lunch in one and I thought it had such amazing potential for kid-food. I bought three last week and used them TODAY when a school friend of Eliza's was over for the afternoon.

First we went shopping for ingredients. I think there's nothing I enjoy more than being able to say YES to every request from another woman's child. I let the school friend choose whatever she wanted.....taking a cue from Grandparents (and Dads) everywhere: Marshmallows? Yes! You want Fritos as well? Of course. Popcorn? I don't see why not....

The only place my Mother's Conscience pinged me was with the GUM. Would your mother say gum is okay? :-) I was so relieved to learn that her mother would PROBABLY say yes to gum.

:-) I am shameless, I know.....

But, I got Lars to agree to be in a photo -- which was most likely a side benefit of an afternoon full of hearing YES.


Right now they are downstairs making Forest Animals and Dog Puppets out the of Martha kits that ROBYN sent :-) :-) thank you thank you again for those.....those kits are currently being put to high diplomatic use -- for how better can one follow M&M's and Tater Tots for lunch, than with some crafting fun?

Aaahhh....it's nice being a Hero. I feel that I understand Grandparents (and Dads) better now.

;-)


PS:



4 comments:

Robyn Woodson said...

Oh my GOSH!!! Those plates are gorgeous!!! The possibilities....... work your way from appetizer to dessert all on one plate! I'm glad the kids liked the Martha kits (excellent job btw I'm impressed). Huggs to you all

Tanya said...

I know!! :-) I love how you got that same feeling: appetizers to dessert in one windy path -- there are soooooo many possibilities.

Of course, it was way too much food for the children. But, that excessiveness was part of the plan where Ms. Tanya says, "Why...of COURSE you may!" :-) ha ha ha!

Out little school friend was so taken with the Forest Animal kit, that she asked to take it home. So, I let her :-)....

Thank you again, Robyn!

Anonymous said...

I like the food on the plate better than the plate itself! My favorite food on the plate were the meatballs.


LARS

Anonymous said...

Lars, LOL!!!

I'll have to show Tyree when he gets home. However we all LOVE meatballs too! The plate obsession must be a "Mom-thing". However, wouldn't that plate look really cool with meatballs all the way around??

T - think of the possibilities "You can't move on until you've eaten --- (fill in the blank)" Like your own personal smörgåsbord with the "prize" in the center. I might even get my kids to eat their non-preferred vegetables that way! Hmmm might have to look for some of them here.....

I am glad you got to share the forrest animals with your friend. She had a memorable day at the Borcherts!! Yes to everything AND a treat to take home - sounds like my kinda day :-)


Take care