I was just thinking last week about what my Occupation is these days. Normally, I write "Homemaker" on any form that asks to know an official occupation.....but, these days I'm not so much of a homemaker. Or, at least, I'm not my version of a Homemaker. :-) The version I'd come to be over 16 years of being at home with children.
I'm more of a "family member" these days -- everyone has to pitch in to compensate for my being out of the house.
Alistair doing dishes & Lars eating food he made himself
That means I strategically planned to enjoy three days of über homemaking, as if to give myself an emotional stockpile & reminder of what I could do with quiet hours.......
I pulled out the wool and needles and sat in a patch of winter sun to knit.
Plus, I read from Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Domesticity again. :-) Mmmmmm....
I sewed the stacks of fabric off my table....
A normal three-day sampler of my homelife at ANY other given time in my history would never have been so happily productive, (notice the absence of stories about cleaning the shower....) but I like to imagine it that way.
2 comments:
Gee, you're so full of pep...(I'd have slept all three days...ha) Just lovely photo's and text..wish I were there for tea and watching all your fun...beautiful blogs dear
So glad that you were able to take some time for yourself. Love all of your projects, etc. And have to say that I adore that idea of the shoe cady on the back of the door in your studio! I think I will have to get me one of those ASAP....
Post a Comment