Thursday, January 5, 2012

Concert

Alistair and I went to a concert downtown at an establishment known as The Black Cat.


Waiting in line outside The Black Cat

Yes.  

We went to see a Danish singer -- Oh Land.  She came highly recommended from our Danish teacher's nephew.  He is about 22.....maybe 21

Actually, the Danish nephew makes great recommendations, because we both really like Oh Land's music.  It's happy (mostly) and upbeat.  She sings in English, but we still used it as part of our Danish program, pretending it would help us somehow in unlocking the secrets of Dansk.  Since the music is actually in English, and since we played it over and over all  through Autumn, Eliza has a favorite song now.  ;-)   We're getting our daughter started early on Indie Music.  ha ha!  


Oh Land

I thought the concert was wonderfully fun -- even though Alistair and I were very nearly the oldest people in there.  Half the room could easily have been current White House interns.   

But, the young crowd was very outgoing....and I made friends quickly with two young women from the Midwest, who were eager to celebrate their friendship doing what appeared to be jurassic tequila shots, as well as a young man who was so overcome at having been onstage with Oh Land, he had to hug me


It was a bar..... after all.  ;-)

1 comment:

NANA said...

(You're funny :)