Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A New Market Day - Virginia



Well, I had to look for one, didn't I? 

crossword of berries and okra 

I mean, 36 months of Farmer's Market Devotion doesn't just disappear because a person changes time zones..... languages, governments, continents...



looking at sunflowers with a mango smoothie and blueberry scone


How would I ever replace my two weekly favorites:   the farm eggs and sweet carrots

carrots, radishes, raspberries, purple basil, eggs, peppers,
honey, olive oil, butter, tomatoes, onions & bread

Northern Virginia just happens to sell those....plus more.  While I realize now that eggs & carrots (plus more) will be prohibitively expensive from the Farmer's Market exclusively, I'm still in the honeymoon part of my move, so there's amnesty.  50 cents per carrot is a price that demands amnesty.....that, or the European Cost of Living Adjustment I used to get.  However I choose to look at it.   ;-)

2 comments:

Patty said...

Welcome back to the "Old Dominion"!
I always felt moving back to the states was a bigger adjustment than moving out of the states. How is your schedule? I'd love to see you!

Padden4 said...

So glad you found a market! Looks like you might have a wee bit bigger kitchen to have fun in too...