Friday, July 22, 2011

Bouquets of Packing Paper

paper as floral arrangement

We are surrounded by paper and cardboard right now.  I'm at that point in the move where I feel like it will never end....it will never be done.....and I'll live with boxes for the rest of my life. 

;-)

Although, to be honest, there are a few things making this move much, much easier:   

1.  The good people who run the recycling pick-ups not only take away my glass, plastics and metals from the curb....they ALSO take away all that cardboard and paper when I stack it out front: 

recycling bin with overflow....steamed camera lens courtesy of late July

They will do this for me once a week.  ONCE A WEEK.  Once a week!!!   I had forgotten how luxurious that is, and I love you for it, Virginia.  :-)

2.  It really helps that the house is roomier than expected....

waiting to be opened

......in particular, the basement is my best friend.


3.  No wait a minute!  The laundry room....

Ian moves through the airlock ;-) between kitchen and garage

......the laundry room on the main floor (!!!!) is my best friend;


just enough sun, just enough shade

together with a hanging rack opportunity eight steps away off the deck, should I choose it.  That hook is probably meant for a bird feeder or plant, but it's strong enough for one of those Japanese laundry racks....which makes it perfect . :-)  

Back to sorting the mess, now.   It's moving slowly, but it's not so bad, actually. 

bits & pieces waiting for me 

4 comments:

hrhejc said...

YEs, FC is amazing for curb pick-up. You put it on the curb, they take it away! No special requests! And you don't have to bundle your yard waste or put it clear plastic bags ala ORF.

NANA said...

I'm so glad things are so much less complicated. (I'd have gone completely crazy with the things you've had to do... to simply get rid of garbage) (Yahoo)

NANA said...

PS...Not to overlook what a mercy it is to be able to do laundry efficiently again...(I'm so glad:)
God bless you all and your beautiful, new, comfortable home.

Tanya said...

I love these pick-ups happening once a week! In Germany it was once every three or four weeks. Never on the same day. Perpetual headache.

hrhejc -- I owe you a note, a letter, a phone call, a something. One of these days I'll be functional. :-)