I've wanted this particular pan saucier for about ten years. I have the little one, which was good for a cup or two....but I wanted the three quart one. With three quarts, a person can make something! Alistair surprised me last week by just ordering it.....for no particular reason or event. Just because. xoxoxoxo
But, I wasn't the only one impressed. Lars showed a sudden - and surprising - interest in this pan when I said we could use it to make risotto.
Now, I'm going to just admit right here and now that in our family we have been unwaveringly loyal to Barbara Kafka's Risotto made step by step in the ..........microwave. Right. Understandably, I had some explaining to do -- as in, we would be standing at the stove with this one and stirring for twenty minutes.
He didn't even flinch. He stepped right up to the task, including onion chopping......
.....and measuring out the olive oil......
He sauteed the onions and rice.....
....and carefully, patiently added warm stock (from the tiny saucier in back ;-)....) stirring each addition into a creamy risotto.
We used Giuliano Bugialli's recipe for Risotto Bianco, and even went the extra step of "finishing" with a pat of butter after the Parmesan.
Decadent......
But, I think it was worth it.
2 comments:
mmmmm.....celery risotto is my particular favorite!
Lars!!! How smart you are to be learning to cook so well at such an early age!!! Wow!!! Good for you!!!
(I can no longer have rice...but I'm certain what you cooked is absolutely heavenly) (And I'd have to have a teensy, weensy taste if I were there :)
Post a Comment