Eliza is a child with a great deal of staying-power......
.....she likes to ski the "big loop" with Dad.
....Lars is happy to ski a few rounds, but he also likes to do other things there, not necessarily related to the "big loop".....
Like looking at the snow with me:
.... the snow had formed fern-shaped crystals on the surface.
I'd never seen anything like that before -- tiny sheets of flaky ice, shaped just like fern fronds.
Lars is holding a chunk of snow sideways to show the jagged, spiky flakes. There's clearly something for everyone in an afternoon of Cross Country Skiing. ;-)
3 comments:
I only went skiing once and I was about 5. The idea of going down those steep hills sounds crazy! It doesn't look like you guys are doing that though. Have fun!
Oh, no....Cross Country is all about moving only as fast as you can work the skis youself. :-) The equipment is different, and it's more like running in the snow. Sounds fun, doesn't it? ha ha ha! When I ski, it is definitely more like WALKING in the snow. Flat is my friend...and the hills are better left to other people in my mind. You might like it, as well, since you're not a hill-girl.
:-)
Such golden times for your family. It's so interesting Eliza likes to do what's probably pretty tough (if it's Alistairs pleasure).
So lucky you and Lars were watching the world..so you didn't miss that fascinating ice/snow! I don't think I've ever seen that. Wonder what conditions are needed for something like that to happen?
Post a Comment