Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flea Market Girl


Look what delicious 'ingredients' I uncovered at the last Flea Market.:  tiny glass button-beads...

..... & lace trim

I was supposed to just be tagging along, while my friend looked for more teacups.  She is now devoted to the Martha Stewart Teacup Candles.   She bought one cup.  While I, on the other hand,  stopped & lingered, shamelessly leaving her alone with four children.

half kilogram weight

Well, how could I resist, after all?  The weight I bought last month has worked so well as a doorstop, I had to get a second one for the balcony door.

metal clips & another linen pillowcase

The man with the 1/2 kilo weight also had these little spring clips.....


....which I immediately put to use at home hanging towels all around, inside and out.  This one is under the Biergarten table out back.    Alistair's idea, by the way....very clever. 


These I could NOT resist.  It seemed to me that for a few Euro, I could add the equivalent of  candy to my button jar.  :-)  I'll use these for something....something that needs extra sparkle.


My very favorite Flea Market Find, however, was the enamel wash basin.  Even better -- a handful of older women standing nearby told me bits and pieces of their memories -- large basins for dishes, small basins for faces.  I scrubbed it clean and am ready to use it outside for washing up herbs and hands. 

Maybe for dishes, or the occasional face.....we'll see what happens.   ;-)

1 comment:

NANA said...

Great stuff! (I love it all, of course)