When it snowed here recently, there were a couple of days when the snow came down in REAL storybook flakes -- like a picture from a book. Or cut-out paper flakes in school.

These were on the car, and while I should have been on my way (always late...Tanya is always late...) it was too wonderful to resist. The flakes reminded me of fleur de sel.

I remember this kind of snow from Norway -- it was the first time I remember seeing flakes like this landing on my sleeves and mittens. My parents tell me I've seen this kind of snow in Alaska, too....but I was pretty little.
These were on the car, and while I should have been on my way (always late...Tanya is always late...) it was too wonderful to resist. The flakes reminded me of fleur de sel.
I remember this kind of snow from Norway -- it was the first time I remember seeing flakes like this landing on my sleeves and mittens. My parents tell me I've seen this kind of snow in Alaska, too....but I was pretty little.
After dark, these flakes actually sparkled while falling. It felt like living in a Snow Globe with silvery glitter.
:-)
3 comments:
Wow...I have lived in snowy climates my whole life and I don't know that I have EVER seen snowflakes that perfect. They look fake. What a joy to stop and "smell the um, snow."
Wow! Actually, your dad and I are both stunned by those beautiful, big, perfect, spectacular snowflakes! (Fabulous photo's! Thank you!) I'm guessing we may have commented that you were in sparkley snow alot in Alaska(?) (It's just like a sea of sequins sometimes...I'd never seen anything like it...but they were small... sequin size coming down and always magical to me when it happened).
I used the "macro" setting on the camera -- so they are enlarged in these views. But, I would estimate they were up to half a centimeter in size. :-)
Post a Comment