Friday, January 15, 2010

Hufschmied

The Blacksmith came to riding yesterday.


I thought this was sooooooooooo great for Eliza to be able to see "behind the scenes" at the stables and learn about all the different things that go into caring for a horse.


Each child was offered the opportunity to help file Winnie's hooves.


Eliza wasn't so sure she wanted to, but I was proud of her for stepping right up and trying. :-)




The Blacksmith gave each child in the class a pony-sized horseshoe to keep before he left. Then they all went to shovel out the barn. :-) That 's part of the horse experience, too, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a happy surprise!!! Eliza filing a horse's hoof!!! And, wow, I got to see Winnie!!! And...(should I say I'm proud of a grandchild shoveling horse manure?)..I'M SO PROUD TO HAVE A GRANDCHILD SHOVELING HORSE MANURE!!! Good for you Eliza... horses need alot of care, and
I'm so pleased that you will help them...(just like they help you).