I used to have such a wonderful set of cookies at Amazon. Every time I was there, Amazon had over-the-top things to offer me, based on my browsing history: music, books, kids' toys and games.... to all of which I would answer "YES!" and hastily click wishlist or add to cart. :-) Amazon knew me so well.
Today is a much different story -- after a year of sharing my Amazon account with my beautiful family, the profiles are completely scrambled. I got this in my box today:
Tanya Borchert: Your Purchase Reward - Extra 50% Off Fitness & Sports Magazines !
Such elegant titles as ESPN or Outside, with Lance staring at me from the cover, asking: how fit are you? There are also offers on ASICS shoes, Techno-Pop MP3s, books by Johann Bruyneel....not to mention Nintendo DS accessories (Ian) or the newest Clone Wars helmet & Ultimate Light Saber, (guess which little Jedi is responsible for those?)
What? !
I'm not interested in any of those things!!! Where are those days when Amazon prompted me with music called "Bossa Nova Stories" or books called "Winter House" or "A Homemade Life?" Those days when I could just CLICK and have a tailored world delivered to my mailbox?
Admittedly, it was more expensive ;-) in the days when Amazon knew me inside and out. Wait a minute - I just thought of something: maybe he did it on PURPOSE!
Just kidding...after all, right now Amazon thinks I'm ....a teen-aged Alistair.
ha ha ha!
I just realized something: this new profile can work to my advantage when I agonize over Alistair's gifts for Christmas, Father's Day, Birthday.....hmmmm.....that would be a genuine silver lining. Maybe even worth having to find new music the old-fashioned way. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment