Eliza and I made a paper chain today to count down the last ten days of school. I think she's just plain TIRED...and I know she's not the only one who is tired: obviously, her MOTHER is exhausted (ha ha!) but one of her classmates spontaneously crawled under the desk on Monday and tried to take a nap. Time for some vacation, I think....
.....we also talked about good comebacks for the "Mean Girl" this morning. Eliza now knows how to say the following sentences in German:
So, you think I'm dumb? I'm doing all this in a second language. I'd like to see you get through the day in French or English....
Whether that hits the mark with another 7-year old or not, it made Eliza feel better. :-)
Whether that hits the mark with another 7-year old or not, it made Eliza feel better. :-)
The last couple of Sundays at Church sort of blurred around in my head. [ I know...totally great that I go right from coaching my daughter in verbal combat, straight into Church stories...ha ha! ] One reading was 2 Cor 3:12-18, and I think if it hadn't gone mostly over my head, I would have really been into it. It SOUNDED good. ;-)
Last Sunday was a GUEST Pastor and usually I don't do as well with them. But, my hat was off to this man: he was the ultimate "emergency" fill-in, as the scheduled Guest Pastor had a death in the family. The man who came to give the sermon is a Postal Employee and technically still a theology student. I felt like that made him somewhat of an "underdog" in front of a tough crowd, so I was on his side right from the beginning. His whole sermon was about the Kingdom of God...and he said all the things one would expect, but he spent some minutes massaging the fact/thorn that denominations will waste valuable time bickering over protocol, when it was the same Jesus that died for us all. It came out really great in the German....und doch es ist derselbe Herr, der uns erlöst hat.......Amen, Brother. :-)
-----------
Two more Field Trips this week. One of them involves hiking 2 miles into the woods with backpacks and portable grills. Alistair is on-board for that one ;-), while I go with the other child's class to a Museum.
Last weekend was a Fundraising Run for Eliza's school. She ran 4 kilometers. I was stunned. But, everyone knows who was coaching her and giving her the water bottle "stations" along the way. Sporty Dad - Sporty Girl.
I just heard Eliza downstairs, outside the window: It's fun to have a Dad who knows everything about bikes. Those two.... ;-)
Without a doubt, she feels equally gratified in having a mother who knows everything about......stapling paper chains.... ha ha ha!
PS: I forgot to say: that "still life" up there with the paper chain and over-the-top pkvines dress hanging on the door handle, is all Eliza's own styling. I came upon it this afternoon, and didn't change a thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment