In my case, the carefully-chosen Luxury Items for a week of "rustic" turned out to be merely: crunchy salt - peppergrinder - apple vinegar - pumpkin seed oil
.....in addition to COFFEE, of course. ;-)
But, the coffee available to me in Garmisch-Partenkirchen far exceeded anything I could brew by my own hand.
There is an uber-cool coffee bar called "aran" -- which offers artisanal BREADS, along with a dizzying beverage menu:
I have a weakness for this presentation - all coffee drinks are served in rice bowls/cafe au lait bowls - sometimes with a cinnamon stick poking out......I didn't even try to hide my newcomer's giddiness, and was the only one in there taking photos of my beverage.
I bought the music CD as well. ;-)
See how the toy horse can't resist the draw of a macchiato? ha ha ha!
There is also a story about Potato Soup coming (I know, I know.....sounds boring, but I promise you -- it delivers) in the next post.
Aaaaahhh....Garmisch-Partenkirchen! I feel like writing a poem.
No comments:
Post a Comment