Thursday, May 31, 2012

Moving

out the garage, with a view to the crates

The first pack-out is done. 

It was so weird to move without furniture --- there were small mountain ranges of STUFF piled all over the house.  The movers had trouble keeping it straight, as well.  The house looked like it had been ransacked:



This photo was meant to become part of a glorious blog expose on my craft supplies.  Never materalized beyond "ransacked" - ha ha!  But, it's all packed and taken away now. 

Hey!  One thing I'm especially happy about having is that large plastic bucket in the lower left.  I'm going to use it to brine my turkey next Autumn :-)....I got it at a restaurant supply store in DC, along with some food prep containers, chosen to fit my petite European refrigerator.   

The only mishap during this move was pretty minor -- the kitchen mover packed my coffee pot right off the stove, full of grounds, right out from underneath me.  No problem.  I bought another one:

I'll make coffee for you!

Mmmmmm...all shiny and new.



Mmmmmm....bubbling up with black gold.  :-) 

3 comments:

Padden4 said...

That coffee pot is going to be fun to unpack! Glad you were able to get a new one up and running ASAP!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers...

Tanya said...

ha ha! You're not kidding...I'm pretty sure the water was all/completely out of the boiler. At least that's what I'm telling myself. :-)

I just put a post in the queue for tomorrow on my Gift Stash. I meant to get photos of everything, including those fabulous MN products, before the boxes went, but didn't. I think I'd like to put my Gift Stash stories into a whole series...I'm pretty sure my mom would like reading about that. So, I'll finish a wool + Good Things From MN :-) post once I unpack on the other side. Plus, I'll have to tell the story of how I'm stashing it all over the house in sideboards and linen closets -- it will help me process the loss of my studio space, after all!! ha ha!

I really, really appreciate your prayers. xoxoxoxo

NANA said...

Well, what the heck kind of coffee pot is that? Looks so very keen and I think I want one..they must be for sale all over if you could replace it so quickly? Must hear more about that sometime, ok?
And..yes, indeed, I would LOVE to see all your gift stash...and hear all about where it all came from. Do admire your attitude...all that would be nightmarish for me..I simply could not do all you do, let alone smile and joke and chronicle during the process. I'm so proud of you..