I noticed something odd in my geranium this week. A bird fluttered out when I went to water the basket.
So, I had Ian take a look:
Oh, wow.
He said the mother bird watched him from the tree......
.....and he was very careful to not touch or disturb the nursery.
How am going to water the plant, now?
We really do have a menagerie over here, and I secretly *love* it. :-)
4 comments:
Lovely! And those eggs are gorgeous! I don't recognize the bird, what is she?
Well, that took awhile to figure out...but, Ian is pretty sure it's a Purple Finch, (the mother is brown/gray and the father is maroon/gray.) We'll see what happens. When I was reading the VA bird book, there were all these stories about birds laying eggs in other birds nests, and so on. I ended up just confused. ;-) ha ha!
I continue to be amazed..not just by the interesting things that go on in your life...but by your super photos!!! (It's hard to imagine I'd ever get shot of eggs in nest.............AND of parent bird clearly visible against the sky on the tip of a limb...at the same time! God loves you...alot :)
(And I do too!!! :)
p.s. You do know I didn't check before I pushed publish button, don't you? :)
Post a Comment