Thursday, December 10, 2009

Flag Maker


Ian surprised me again with his self-taught Home Economics. :-)

He has been working on this flag independently for about a month. He found his fabric (an old Boy Scout shirt and remnants from a yesteryear Jedi Robe); he bought thread to match, cut out the wolf silhouette & letters using mirror image tracings. Plus, he made the reverse side of the flag to match.

I was stunned by his motivation and planning....although, there were a few moments of parental quandary, like when I walked in and saw he was using my rotary cutter to slice out the letters freehand (!!!!!) -- after which I offered to cut them out for him. Using scissors.


He did a good job on this. I probably should have let him use his own words to describe the flag-making-project, but he finished it just in time last night for the rainy, windy, cold-weather camp out starting early tomorrow morning. So, my words will have to do. :-)

1 comment:

NANA said...

Oh my goodness...to EVEN do the REVERSE side......... is just astonishing, Ian! Good for you! I absolutely do appreciate the planning that was involved (let alone all the intricate detail with the machine).